An external wall insulation system is a thermally insulated, protective, decorative cladding procedure involving the use of an insulating material and a render finish. The most common insulating material is polystyrene, others such as mineral wool, polyurethane foam of phenolic foam may be used. The render finish usually consists of a reinforced base coat followed by a decorative mineral or synthetic finish.
The K Rend Silicone Thin Coat range is particularly suitable where lightweight render systems are required, such as an external wall insulation system (illustrated right).
K Rend Silicone Thin Coat products are available in an extensive colour range using the NCS System which helps customers visualise special colours for their project. NCS – Natural Colour System is a logical colour notation system which builds on how humans see colour.
K Rend Silicone TC 15 render holds the prestigious BBA certification, assuring you that vital product safety and performance requirements are met.
Benefits of Using External Wall Insulation:
- Reduces heating bills by reducing heat loss through walls
- Thermal efficiency of walls can be increased by up to 85%
- Help to save the environment by reducing carbon emissions (as you burn less fossil fuel)
- Reduce condensation (EWI raises temperature of internal walls)
- Prevent damp & mould: EWI seals buildings from the elements
- Improve acoustics: hi-density insulation reduces sound transfer
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!