TG Escapes unique modular eco-buildings use traditional materials with sophisticated technology to create a standalone space with a difference. Their bespoke timber frame design system can provide buildings to suit most locations in a variety of finishes including timber or composite cladding, render in a range of colours and brick slips.
Their fully inclusive service allows them to create the perfect building to suit the clients’ individual needs with adaptable bespoke designs to fit most locations.
MATERIALS: The materials used in construction are integral to the eco-friendly credentials. They build with timber frame and sectional wooden insulated panels constructed offsite.
FOUNDATIONS: The foundations have been designed to reduce impact on the environment by using a minimal amount of concrete in a unique pad-based system or, when more appropriate, screw pile.
ROOFS: A Sedum roof is not only aesthetically pleasing all year round, but also provides a habitat for a rich variety of wildlife. A sedum roof significantly reduces rainwater runoff whilst lowering energy consumption.
TIMBER: Timber comes from sustainable forests (FSC and PEFC). These forests are meeting the needs of the present without compromising the needs of future generations. By practising an environmentally-aware land stewardship ethic the use of timber reduces the embodied carbon for any project and acts as a carbon store.
RENEWABLE ENERGY: They can incorporate solar power into all builds as a clean renewable source of energy.
INSULATION: The glass wool insulation used in the buildings is manufactured from a combination of silica sand and up to 80% recycled postconsumer glass that would otherwise be heading to landfill. This makes it one of the most environmentally sustainable insulation products on the market today.
SUN PIPES: Sun pipes capture daylight from the rooftop, through highly reflective tubing, and channel it to where it’s needed. The pipes offer brilliant natural light as an alternative to artificial lighting, helping to reduce energy consumption.
The buildings achieve A+ energy ratings with an air test of 5 or less through the use of:
• Ultra-efficient LED lighting calculated for each space to specific levels avoiding over lit areas using photocell detection and timeclock.
• Ventilation using a mixture of natural ventilation, ultra-energy efficient ventilation systems and low carbon fans with integrated controls that monitor both temperature and CO2 for optimum thermal comfort and air quality. It operates in three modes depending on the season.
• AA rated Mitsubishi air source heat pumps.
• Low carbon usage extract fans in toilets & kitchenettes.
• Water heating with an air source heat pump combined tank to reduce carbon emissions. Water controls can be installed on all urinal cisterns which, together with sensor taps, keeps the overall water usage to a minimum.
• With the addition of suitable PV solar panels, the buildings can be classified as ‘Carbon Neutral’ in use.
The buildings are designed to be aesthetically pleasing, ergonomic and highly practical but just as importantly, they are built to last. They expect buildings to last 60 years or more with appropriate maintenance. A Construction Line Gold member, an approved partner of the Institute of School Business Leadership (ISBL) and a member of the British Educational Suppliers Association (BESA), they have built over 700 eco-buildings country wide and customers score them 4.9 out of 5 based on 152 reviews.
‘Working with TG Escapes was very good. The buildings provide a better quality environment for staff and students.’ Estates Manager
“We couldn’t have asked for more! The building time was very quick but was completed to a very high standard with minimal disruption to the school day.” Headteacher
Single or double storey buildings range in price from £80k to over £2m and larger sizes can cost from as little as £1500 per m2.For more information call 0800 917 7726 or email email@example.com