23 & 24 March 2016 –NEC, Birmingham
The nation’s media has been reporting on a UK housing crisis for many months, but is there now a climate for change in the industry?
For those in the construction sector with fresh ideas and innovative technologies, this nationwide crisis has the potential to change the norm which governs the ways new homes are built. Experts have hailed offsite construction as the only way to respond to the demand for new housing. Moving the construction of houses into factories enables the build to take place both efficiently and economically, making the national shortage of labour less of a concern.
In order to rectify the current shortfalls, modern and innovative methods of construction must be adopted to provide sustainable, energy-efficient homes at a rapid rate. As a responsible housing provider there are many commitments to fulfil – environmentally, socially and financially. Achieving set objectives using traditional construction methods is a challenge – it is clear we have to build better homes at a faster pace. Social landlords have an obligation to their tenants to build sustainable, energy efficient homes.
Explore Offsite in the Housing Sector is your opportunity to involve yourself in the industry’s new ideas and technologies. Taking place 23 & 24 March 2016, at the NEC, Birmingham, the event will be a platform for construction clients, architects, engineers and contractors to come together and pave a way forward for the industry and the housing sector.
With an outstanding line-up of industry figures confirmed to share their expertise over the two days, this combined conference and exhibition is an essential event for any professional looking to delve a little deeper into the liveliest and most promising topic in UK construction.
- Video Address: Brandon Lewis MP – Minister of State for Housing and Planning
- Tom Bloxham MBE – Chairman, Urban Splash
- Rory Bergin – Partner: Sustainable Futures, HTA Design LLP
- Oliver Novakovic – Technical and Innovation Director, Barratt Developments
- Alex Goodfellow – Managing Director, Stewart Milne Timber Systems
- Andy von Bradsky – Chair, Housing Forum & PRP Architects
- Aidan Wilkie – Deputy Director: Housing Division, Department for Communities and Local Government
- Tony Woods – Offsite Specialist, LHC
- Stephen Wightman – Managing Director, Caledonian Modular
- Calum Murray – Director, CCG (Scotland)
- Jerry Harkness – Regional Development Director, Circle Housing
- Jeremy Kape – Director of Property Investment, Affinity Sutton
- Jeff Maxted – Director of Technical Consultancy, BLP Insurance
- Peter Andrew – Deputy Chairman, HBF
- Tom Ground – CEO, Legal & General Homes
- James Pickard – Director, Cartwright Pickard
- Ian Heptonstall – Director, Offsite Management School
- Rob Charlton – CEO, Space Group
- Stuart Carr -Director, Chapman Taylor Architects
- Andrew Orgorzalek – Partner, PCKO Architects
- Richard Jones – Partner, Arcadis LLP & Deputy Chair, Housing Forum
- Simon Tanner – Y:Cube Development Consultant – YMCA
- Greg Cooper – Pre Construction Manager, B & K Structures
- Andrew Waugh – Director, Waugh Thistleton
- Jay Shaw MBE – Head of Business Development, Snoozebox
- Steve Reid – Chief Technical Officer, Enviga Geothermal
To book your ticket, or inquire about exhibitor opportunities, please visit our website at www.exploreoffsite.co.uk or call 01743 290001.